It's that time of year again, when every blogger recaps their best posts from the year. I personally like these posts because it either reminds me of all old stuff I've forgotten about or introduces me to some good stuff I've missed! Today I'm bringing you the top 10 posts on my blog from 2012 based on your hits. Tomorrow I'll bring you my favorite recipes from 2012. But let's get started!
10. I'll tell you I was surprised to see some of the recipes that got the most hits this year, but if a recipe deserved the attention, this would be one of them. This grilled balsamic chicken with mozzarella and pesto was seriously delicious. And frankly I completely forgot about it until I went through my stats to find my top 10 from this year! I am so glad you all loved it- now I will definitely need to make it again because it really is so flavorful, delicious, and EASY.
9. Like I said before, a lot of the top 10 list surprised me because typically my desserts are so popular, but this year was the "Year of the Chicken" according to you guys! There are so many chicken dishes in this top ten list, and this zucchini stuffed chicken was another surprise. Not because it wasn't delicious- oh, it was- but more so because it didn't receive a ton of attention at the time I posted it! Reasons aside, this is another delicious dinner... if you haven't tried it yet I highly suggest you do.
8. Penne vodka is such a delicious, classic, crowd pleasing meal that I'm not surprised it made the cut of favorite recipes. This version in particular is very popular in an online group I frequent, having been made by countless people. If your love a creamy vodka sauce this is for you!
7. Crockpot honey sesame chicken is an easy meal to throw together that packs a ton of flavor. I'm not surprised you loved it- we did too. If you haven't tried it yet this really is a good one to give a shot.
6. This recipe for salsa chicken pasta is hands down the recipe I was most surprised to see on this list. For starters when I made this last year I had a newborn on my hands, I was so exhausted, and I remember standing in the kitchen going "This meal is so random..." as I threw it together. To see it's a hit is surprising! It is tasty and it's a great way to use up leftover salsa chicken, plus it's easy. I find that people go to different blogs for different reasons. I am pretty sure people come to me for easy recipes! So that makes sense that this would be so popular.
5. Ah, Pinterest... how I sing your praises... if it wasn't for Pinterest I wouldn't have half as many visitors to my blog, nor would I have found half as many amazing recipes. These brownie bottom cupcakes were one of my favorite Pinterest finds of 2012. So good- make them- make them now!
4. Lighter creamy garlic pasta is truly amazing. I had seen the original recipe floating around Pinterest for months but it was so fattening that I couldn't bring myself to make it. However the picture was killing me so I lightened it up and voila- delicious! I really encourage you to try this one if you haven't, it's really one of my favorites.
3. Chicken marsala casserole is the winner of 2012 in this house. I've made it probably 5-6 times (which is way more than I've remade any other recipe) and we love it so much. I can't get enough of this- I am so happy to see you agree.
2. Skinny greek yogurt chicken is delicious. It's light, packed with nutritious ingredients, and is EASY. If you haven't tried this yet, give it a shot. I'm glad to see this one was so high up on the list!
1. And number one... the most popular recipe... according to you... is soy-free soy sauce! Going soy free for 8 months while nursing my son was challenging. Now that I have weaned him and am back eating soy I can tell you it was very challenging, but this recipe helped a lot. There are no soy-free soy sauces on the market. NONE. I would have paid $20 or more for a bottle... it just doesn't exist. But this recipe was a game changer for me, and clearly for all of you soy-free people out there. I've gotten tons of emails about this and how it's helped so many nursing moms, so I am really proud of this post. Just be careful- a lot of vegetable broths do have soy, and my son is so allergic that even a trace amount could set him off. I found organic ones tend to be best, or you can even use organic chicken broth if you can't find soy-free veggie broth.