Monday, February 13, 2012

Brownie Bottom Cupcakes


Happy Day Before Valentines Day! Tomorrow I am venturing back to work to visit my class. It's interesting, I feel like a Grandma. I'm coming to visit, I plan to rile them up with sugary cupcakes, and then I will leave them to their parents teacher. The benefits of being on maternity leave... I get to visit on my favorite school day of the year but I don't have to worry about teaching long division or something equally not fun on such a fun holiday! Best of all I get to show off my baby...which is by far my favorite thing to do.

These cupcakes are all over Pinterest. I've had them pinned on there forever and knew I'd be making them for Valentines Day. You don't have to use strawberry cake mix, you can use any flavor you wish. I imagine funfetti would be very fun for a birthday party! These are excellent... think about it, brownie+cupcake+frosting. Excellent.

Source: I Heart 2 Stamp, originally from All Recipes

Yields about 30 cupcakes

Ingredients:
1 box brownie mix, prepared according to packaging directions
1 box cake mix, prepared according to packaging directions
Frosting

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 350.
2- Fill each cupcake liner 1/3 of the way with brownie batter, then another 1/3 with cake batter. Repeat until all the batter is used.
3- Bake 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely, then frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment