Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Salsa Chicken Enchiladas


A classic crockpot recipe is salsa chicken. I think most people who own a crockpot have tried some variety of this meal. I personally have made two, the one linked above as well as this version. Now, when I make salsa chicken I tend to use it either as chicken tacos or on top of rice. While both are great options I decided to branch out and try some new recipes. I'm going to share both with you this week, the first being these enchiladas.

After having the baby I pulled a tray of salsa chicken from the freezer and stared at it. I knew I wanted to use it differently, but how? I then remember what a hit the honey lime enchiladas were and decided to try a different version. These were awesome and came together really quickly. The flavors all melded nicely and we were both very happy. A great option for using up leftover salsa chicken!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
2-3 cups cooked salsa chicken
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can red enchilada sauce
8-10 flour tortillas
1-1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 350. Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
2- In a bowl stir the salsa chicken and sour cream.
3- Take one flour tortilla, spoon chicken in a straight line into the center and sprinkle with about 1 tbsp of cheddar cheese. Wrap the tortilla tightly and place it seam down in the baking dish. Repeat until all enchiladas are rolled.
4- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce on top, sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese.
5- Bake 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment