Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ultimate Chicken Fingers



Last week I was craving breaded chicken. Growing up my mom made breaded chicken cutlets at least once a week. I rarely make just plain breaded chicken but it was calling my name. I decided to make chicken fingers and I wanted to try out a new recipe. A few months ago I made baked buffalo tenders that used Bisquick so I looked for a recipe using Bisquick for the breading. These tenders came out great. They were very moist and flavorful. I baked them but you could certainly fry them.

Source: Adapted from Betty Crocker

Ingredients:
2/3 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 Garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
Olive oil cooking spray
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 450.
2- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick sprat or line it with foil.
3- In a Ziplock bag combine the first 5 ingredients, shake well.
4- Spray each chicken piece with olive oil spray until coated on both sides. Drop into the bag.
5- Toss the Ziplock until all of the chicken is coated on both sides.
6- Line the chicken on the cookie sheet.
7- Drizzle with the melted butter.
8- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until cooked. Flip halfway.
9- If the chicken isn't crispy enough, put it under the broiler for a couple minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I am not ashamed to admit that I love Bisquick - this looks great!

    ReplyDelete