Friday, July 3, 2009

Chicken Marsala Pasta Toss



Before I even get to the recipe this is my 200th post! When I started this blog John and I had doubts as to how long I would stick with it. Now we are seriously considering buying me a SLR camera to make my blogging even better. I am so thankful to everyone who reads this and offers me positive feedback, support, or even questions. I love cooking but I have learned that I also love blogging about my cooking. Here's to the next 200 recipes!

Back to the food! I am SO glad this is my 200th recipe because it is awesome. I often say "This was the best (fill in the blank) I have ever made!" And then a few weeks later I change my mind. Well, this was one of the best pasta dishes I have ever made. I made this for my family and my parents loved it- even my father who isn't huge on pasta was singing its praises. The sauce was thick without being full of cream which is a positive. Even though my picture doesn't show the sauce well it perfectly coated the pasta and had an awesome taste. I tripled the recipe for my family (there's a lot of people at my parent's house) and it made a lot of food. Make this- and make it soon!

Source: Milk and Honey

INGREDIENTS:

Half a box of rotini
2 tsps olive oil
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 1/2 cups sliced button mushrooms
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, cut into cubes
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 tsp dried marjoram, crushed (omitted)
2 tbs. butter
2 tbs. flour
3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup dry marsala wine

DIRECTIONS:

Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta to al dente. Drain and set aside.

Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a large skillet, cook green onions and mushrooms until tender, about five minutes. Season with a pinch of salt. Remove from skillet and set aside. Add remaining olive oil to skillet and add chicken. Season with salt and pepper and add marjoram, stirring until just warmed through, about 3 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.

Melt butter in skillet and add flour, stirring to form a roux. Cook for one minute. Slowly add chicken broth and wine, stirring constantly. Simmer sauce until bubbly and thickened. Add chicken and veggies to the sauce and heat through. Add sauce mixture to pasta and toss to combine. Garnish with additional green onion strips, if desired.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'm so glad you guys enjoyed it. We loved it too and it's so easy! :)

    ReplyDelete