Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Skillet Pesto Chicken Sacchetti


Can I tell you how nice it's been to get back in my kitchen? I've missed eating real food. It's so enjoyable to actually have food with flavor again! Soon enough baby girl will be here and I'll be back on a hiatus, I'm sure, but for now... loving it. With that said, I always rave about the Italian market in my town, but it's just so darn good. I took Landon there this week and figured I'd just buy some stuff that looked good and then go from there with dinners for the week. While there in their fresh pasta section I had to grab a package of the sacchetti. It just looked so darn good. I can't resist a good pasta purse.

This was delicious. Easy to make and full of flavor. Next time I'd add some red pepper flakes to the sauce to give it some heat but as-is it was delicious. A must try. If you can't find sacchetti you can use tortellini.

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
2 thin chicken breasts
1/2 cup pesto sauce
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
2 tbsp pesto
1 package sacchetti (or tortellini)
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
Parsley

Directions:
1- Dice the chicken into bite sized pieces. Toss with the pesto in a container or zipper bag and allow to marinade for at least an hour (up to overnight).
2- In an oven safe skillet heat the olive oil and butter. Add the garlic and stir until fragrent.
3- Add the chicken (leaving remaining marinade in the container) and cook until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside.
4- Add the marinara and pesto to the skillet. Stir well and allow to heat together for 20 minutes.
5- Meanwhile, cook the pasta.
6- Strain the pasta and add to the skillet along with the chicken. Top with mozzarella.
7- Place under the broiler of the oven until cheese melts. Top with parsley. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment