Monday, June 22, 2015

Crispy Asian Lemon Shrimp


Landon is a huge fan of two things in life: shrimp and Asian flavors. It's funny... the kid will NOT taste mac and cheese, refuses all pasta (except at daycare- apparently they make it better than me...), won't touch a grilled cheese sandwich... but housed a platter of spiced wontons in an Asian glaze, eats a whole pint of chicken and broccoli (hold the broccoli.. too green), etc. When I made this I had him in mind and of course it was a hit. I bought a two pound box of frozen breaded shrimp at Costco and I have enjoyed trying to make different sauces to make the shrimp more exciting. This one was a hit. It was subtle but flavorful. I used frozen green beans because it's all I had, but I highly suggest fresh. I think that would have helped. A meal we all eat= success!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1 pound frozen breaded shrimp, cooked according to package directions
2 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
Juice of half a lemon
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp honey
2 tsp teriyaki sauce
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 cups cooked green beans

Directions:
1- Cook shrimp according the package and set aside.
2- Meanwhile, in a skillet heat the oil and add the garlic, stirring well.
3- Add the remaining ingredients (except the green beans) to the skillet and heat over medium-high heat until the sauce comes together and comes to a low boil.
4- It will thicken quickly so add the shrimp to the glaze, allow to coat, then flip. Add the green beans and lightly stir the shrimp and green beans in the sauce. It will be very lightly sauced.
5- Top with sesame seeds, if desired.
6- Serve hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment