Friday, January 30, 2015

Crunchy Honey BBQ Shrimp


I'm the first to admit that I'm not above shortcuts in the kitchen. I love to cook but I hate dirtying 5,000 dishes so I often use shortcuts that allow me to take the semi-homemade approach to cooking. To some that makes me a bad food blogger, but to this working mom it makes me a genius.

Landon is a huge fan of shrimp. He will eat them just about anyway he's presented with them, but he definitely loves them breaded. One day at Costco I bought a two pound box of Seapak frozen breaded shrimp and it has been residing in my freezer ever since. I've been desperate to clear out some stuff in my freezer so I decided to whip up a "glaze"of a sauce for the shrimp and all I can say is YUM. This was a total winner in our house! Considering I still have a ton of these shrimp in the freezer I am sure I'll be making them again. Soon.

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
3/4-1 pound breaded shrimp (homemade or frozen- your choice)
4 tbsp honey
4 tbsp BBQ sauce
Sesame seeds
Dried parsley

Directions:
1- Cook the shrimp until they are almost done. Remove them from the oven.
2- In a small bowl combine the honey and BBQ sauce.
3- Using a brush, brush the sauce onto the shrimp. Return to the oven for 2 minutes.
4- Remove from the oven again, flipping the shrimp and brushing the sauce on the other side. Return to the oven for 2 minutes.
5- Sprinkle with parsley and sesame seeds. Serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... this looks really good. I like shrimps very much, and this is so simple to make. Thinking maybe can do this to fish fillets or chicken breasts, guess will be really good too. If thinking to have some exciting flavors, adding some mustard or paprika will be a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete