Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Shrimp & Asparagus Pasta


Landon was born almost 9 months ago and since then I've been working to lose the baby weight. When I got pregnant I was in the best shape I had been in... ever... and now I'm... not. I'm sure most moms can relate to that little dilema, right? Ever since I had him people would say, "It took 9 months to put it on, it's take 9 months to take it off!" Well... here we are... and it's not all off. Most, but not all. So I'm back to Weight Watchers, my trusty friend. Weight Watchers never lets me down when I'm trying to lose a few pounds. If you do WW be prepared to see some great WW recipes coming your way. And if you don't, fear not, I can assure you taste always comes first in my book!

This pasta dish was excellent. It was very easy to prepare, light, featured summer produce, and was delicious. John and I were both fans! Give it a shot and use up some of those last-of-summer tomatoes.

Source: Skinny Taste

4 servings

Ingredients:

1 bunch asparagus, tough ends removed, quartered
1 tbsp olive oil
6-8 ripe plum tomatoes, diced
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
12 oz large shrimp, peeled and deviened
3/4 cup fat free chicken broth
salt and fresh pepper
1/2 tsp herbs de Provence
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
8 oz pasta, high fiber or low carb

Directions:
1- Heat a large skillet on high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. When skillet is hot, spray with oil and add shrimp. Cook shrimp about 2 minutes in each side until almost cooked through and remove from the pan. Set aside.
2- Reduce skillet heat to medium, add olive oil and garlic and sauté until golden, careful not to burn. Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Simmer about 20 minutes, until tomatoes are tender. 
3- Add broth and stir. Add asparagus, salt, pepper and herbs. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes on medium low heat.
4- While sauce is simmering, boil salted water and cook pasta until desired tenderness.Drain when done.
5- After sauce simmers 10 minutes, add shrimp to sauce to finish cooking, about 1 minutes (Do not overcook or shrimp will get tough). Add pasta to the sauce and toss well.

9 WW points plus for 1 1/2 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment