Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lemon Pecan Cookies


When I started blogging it was to keep track of recipes I made and see what we liked/didn't like. I used to blog everything I cooked, even if we hated it, just to keep track of what I made. Over the past 3 (almost 4!) years I changed focus and started posting only things we truly loved. At some point along the way I also started having people read the blog who weren't related to me. That was a new experience! I love knowing people read the blog and like the recipes they try. I especially love when people leave me comments saying how a recipe turned out. However... every now and then I get hate mail. Comments that are just rude or pointless. One of these comments said something to the affect of "Do you ever make anything not using a cake mix? Do you ever make anything from scratch?" I wanted to reply "Nope. Almost 700 recipes, all using cake mix. Even the pasta." But I held my tongue finger and hit "delete" because...well... this is my blog and I can pick if I want to keep a comment there! (For the record I do publish 99% of the comments, even critical ones, but not mean ones).

Well... with that said... I have to admit that a lot of my recent baking recipes have involved a mix! It's not that I don't love baking from scratch but with the food allergies I am dealing with it's easier to use a Duncan Hines mix as the base of my recipes since most of their mixes (not all) are dairy free/soy free. These cookies are yet another cake mix recipe! (So to that "lovely" commenter, it seems you were correct lol). These cookies were unreal. They were so fresh and refreshing. Everyone who tried them enjoyed them. I really wish I hadn't given them all to my sister because I could certainly go for one now!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1 Duncan Hines lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 350.
2- In a large bowl mix the cake mix, eggs, baking powder, and oil. Once well mixed add the pecans, stirring well. 
3- Roll tablespoons worth of dough into balls, then roll in the powdered sugar and place on a lined cookie sheet.
4- Bake 10 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to cool.

6 comments:

  1. Haters gonna hate. You rock. I made your Crunchy Crispy Cookies and loved them. Thanks for sharing the lemony recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand why people can be so ugly. You have a wonderful blog and post great recipes!! Nothing wrong with using cake mix - I like any shortcuts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when I get comments like that! Your blog is fantastic and you do make several things from scratch and we need posts like these that are quick and easy because not everyone always has time to cook completely from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are and awesome cook and mom... DON'T forget that! =o) poopy on those who are mean... =o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These rocked! My coworkers loved them. Good job babe.

    ReplyDelete