Friday, May 18, 2012

Easy Ice Cream Cake


There was once a time in my life when I got joy out of making time consuming recipes that were complex, full of steps, and challenging. Now? HA! I'm just happy we eat dinner. (For the record I cook 6 nights a week now- that has never happened before in my life. Pre-Landon we went out to eat quite often.) When it comes to baking I've been taking a ton of short cuts lately as well. So when I decided to make a dessert for Mother's Day I decided to stick with my quick and easy theme- leading me to making this recipe. I've been seeing these ice cream cakes everywhere so I decided to hop on board. I am in no way claiming this as an original recipe but I don't have a source for it either- I made it up as I went along based off of various versions I've seen online.


This cake was excellent. I used mini sandwiches and made it long and thin, like a loaf cake almost, but you can always use full sized sandwiches and just increase the other ingredients. Make this- soon. Especially with the hot summer approaching. You'll be glad you did.

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original (inspired by various recipes)

Ingredients:
12 mini ice cream sandwiches
1 cup hot fudge, divided (at room temperature)
2 cups Cool Whip, divided
10 mini peanut butter cups, chopped

Directions:
1- In a 9x13 dish create a straight line with 6 of the mini ice cream sandwiches.
2- Top with 3/4 cup of hot fudge, spreading evenly.
3- Top with 1/2 cup Cool Whip, spreading evenly.
4- Lay the 6 remaining ice cream sandwiches on top.
5- Top with remaining 1/4 cup hot fudge.
6- Freeze for 1 hour.
7- After freezing, ice the cake with the remaining 1 1/2 cup Cool Whip. Top with the crushed peanut butter cups. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment