Monday, May 21, 2012

Alfredo Chicken Stromboli


I am the type of person who craves social interactions. I am not good with a lot of down time or  a lot of alone time (although, being a mom has made me greatly enjoy the rare alone moments I get!) Knowing this about myself I signed up for mommy and me classes when Landon was six weeks old. Through those classes I met a great group of women and have had the pleasure of getting together with them regularly. When it was my turn to host at my house I decided to make strombolis for lunch. I made my favorite, roasted vegetable stromboli, and decided to make a new version. I had the idea of making a chicken and broccoli one, but at the last minute I decided to make it even more fattening step it up a notch and add some alfredo sauce. It was a hit! I served it with marinara for dipping but next time I think I'd put out a little bowl of alfredo and a little bowl of marinara. Delish!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1 batch pizza dough
3/4 cup cooked, cubed, chicken
3/4 cup chopped broccoli, steamed
3/4 cup cubed fresh mozzarella
1/4 cup alfredo sauce
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 450 with a pizza stone in the oven.
2- Roll out your pizza dough.
3- Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss the chicken, broccoli, cheese, and alfredo sauce together.
4- Lay the mixture out evenly in the center of the dough. Pull one end of the dough over the filling, pressing down. Pull the remaining end over the top, pressing sealed.
5- Brush the oil over the top of the dough, sprinkle with the garlic powder.
6- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the dough is golden.
7- Allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I never thought of an alfredo stromboli. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete