Saturday, October 4, 2008

Not everything is a success...

So tonight I made a recipe I have had bookmarked in a magazine for awhile. It was a Campbell's recipe called "Quick and Easy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice." Now.. I like all of those ingredients so I thought for sure I would like this. It wasn't bad. It was just kind of plain. I am actually posting it because I feel that with some sprucing up it could be tasty. Unfortunately I wasn't thrilled with it tonight (I actually didn't even eat it...) but John ate his whole plate...so who knows haha! I think with cheddar cheese and more spices it would actually be better.



Ingredients:
1 tbsp vegetable oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 can Cream of Chicken soup (I used the 98% fat free)
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli flowerets
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 cup of fresh parmesan cheese
(I added these two ingredients at the end when I noticed the flavor was bland )

Directions:
1- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until well browned on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet.
2- Stir soup, water, seasonings in skillet. Heat to a boil.
3- Stir in rice and broccoli. Reduce heat to low. Return chicken to skillet. Cook until rice is tender.
4- Stir in parmesan cheese until melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment