Sunday, October 5, 2008

Chicken and Biscuits- YUM!

Ok, tonight's dinner was GREAT! When I got the Kraft Food and Family Fall 2008 magazine I knew I had to make this recipe for John. His favorite food is chicken pot pie. I had never had it before (I know... I live under a rock) so I wasn't sure if I would like this at all. As the sole cook in our house I don't often make things that I assume I won't like at all... but this was shockingly good. John actually kept saying things like "This is amazing" and "MMMMMM." I have to agree- it was great. Now I did make some changes and I put them in bold. After eating this the one thing I might change in the future is less sour cream in the chicken mix. BUT I don't love sour cream, if you do- keep it there! The best part of this was the biscuits. I make Bisquick drop biscuits often, but the addition of sour cream made them so moist and yummy. So make this recipe, make it soon! It's goooooood and perfect for this Fall weather!



Ingredients:
1 can cream of chicken soup (I used 98% fat free)
3/4 cup sour cream (I used reduced fat)
2 cups cooked chopped chicken (I seasoned my chicken with garlic powder and cracked black pepper and grilled it)
1 pkg (16oz.) frozen mixed vegetables (I used sliced potatoes and sliced carrots)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup baking mix (I used Bisquick)
3 TBSP milk

Directions:
- Heat oven to 375. Mix soup and 1/2 cup sour cream in 8 inch square baking dish. Add chicken, vegetables, and cheese. Mix.
- Place baking mix in medium bowl. Add remaining 1/4 cup sour cream and milk. Stir until stiff dough forms.
- Drop by heaping spoons into 6 mounds over chicken mixture. Bake 35 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. (I cooked it on the bottom rack of the oven. The biscuits would have definitely burnt before the rest of the food cooked on a higher rack.)

1 comment:

  1. Im a big fan of this dish. It reminds me of the good old chicken pot pie just like pepperidge farms used to make.

    ReplyDelete