Monday, July 14, 2014

Basil Chicken Stir Fry


Once upon a time in a distant past Italian food was my go-to, hands down, no competition, favorite. Over the years Asian food has slid into first place. While I still love me some pizza and chicken francese, I'll take a good stir fry or Asian noodle dish any day of the week. I recently went to Boston alone and for the first time had the opportunity to go to any restaurant of my choice any night. Know what I did? I had Thai food each night! Different restaurants, but all Thai. What can I say...

I really love Thai basil chicken and decided to make my own attempt. I didn't have any Thai basil so I used regular basil. Not the same, but got the point across, and it was delicious! I love the combination of basil and teriyaki sauce.. it's just perfect. Paired with the sweet bell peppers and the red onion... yum. I kind of wish I was making this tonight!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1/2 lb chicken breasts, cut into pieces
1/2 tsp Asian seasoning
1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup basil, torn
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bell pepper, sliced thin
1/3 cup sliced red onion
1 cup broccoli
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp teriyaki sauce (or soy sauce)

1 tsp sriracha

Directions:
1- Toss the chicken with the Asian seasonings.
2- Heat the oil, basil, and garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Then add the bell peppers, onion, and broccoli. Cook about 2-3 minutes.
3- Add the chicken and allow to brown, then flip. Allow to cook 5-6 minutes in total.
4- Add the vinegar, teriyaki sauce, and sriracha. Stir well. Allow to come to a low bubble, then serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment