Sunday, August 31, 2014

Grilled Asian Glazed Chicken


(I'm choosing to ignore the fact that this is my first post in almost two months! This has been my longest break from the blog... ever. I have also been barely cooking. Yikes! All I can say is that I am so happy to have my mojo back, as is my family!)


Interesting fact: Landon loooooves Asian food. Loves. Any Asian flavor is sure to be a hit with him. Italian food? Nah. Not interested. Asian? He's obsessed. This works well for me since I, too, enjoy Asian flavors. I had planned to make bang bang chicken skewers  for dinner one night but at the last minute changed my mind since those don't work for Landon and his food allergies. I'm so glad I did because this was a meal we all enjoyed! Landon ate a whole piece of chicken and finished the leftovers over the next day or so. With a kid who survives on air and yogurt smoothies it's always a joy to find a meal he will eat!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
3/4 pound chicken breasts

Marinade:
2 tbsp sweet Thai chili sauce
2 tsp teriyaki sauce
2 tsp honey

Glaze:
2 tbsp sweet Thai chili sauce
2 tsp teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp honey
Sesame seeds

Directions:
1- Combine the chicken with the ingredients in the marinade. Allow to sit for at least 3 hours, up to 24.
2- When ready, grill until chicken is cooked through (time varies based on thickness of chicken).
3- Combine glaze ingredients (except for sesame seeds) in a bowl. Once chicken is removed from the grill immediately brush glaze over the top. Top with sesame seeds. Serve hot.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! As long as it says "sweet Thai chili sauce" it will not be spicy! The "sweet" is the kind that's not hot!

      Delete