Monday, February 10, 2014

Creamy Veggie Noodles


I know I'm becoming "that person" who keeps talking about the weather, but... it's COLD. And it's snowing... constantly. A couple weeks ago I had an early dismissal from school due to the snow and my drive home was, hands down, the scariest experience of my life. If you live in Jersey you'll understand- I had to travel about 10 exits on the parkway over the Driscoll Bridge. If you don't live in NJ, just imagine a big bridge and tons of snow. It took me over 2 hours for my normal 25 minute commute. I was so scared that I was literally praying most of the way home. When I finally walked in the door I grabbed my baby, kissed his little head, and decided dinner had to be comfort food at it's best. I wanted egg noodles and I wanted them creamy and cheesy. Ta-da! Here it is, creamy, cheesy, and delicious!

I made my own cream of chicken soup for this but you are welcome to use a can if you prefer. You could add some chicken, different veggies, whatever you prefer. I promise you you can't go wrong here!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
10 ounces wide egg noodles
1 tsp butter
1 cup diced mushrooms
1 cup frozen chopped spinach, water squeezed out
1 batch cream of chicken soup, or 1 can of cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 350.
2- Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles according to packaging directions.
3- In a skillet heat the butter. Add the mushrooms and cook 5 minutes, until soft. Add the spinach and stir well. Add the soup, stirring until well mixed.
4- Add the noodles to the skillet and stir until evenly coated. Add the 1/2 cup cheddar, stir. Transfer the mixture to an oven safe dish. Top with the additional 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
5- Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and hot.

3 comments:

  1. I live in jersey and my normal 45 minute commute took 5 hours. Worst experience of my life

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy! I'm so sorry about your commute -- driving in the snow gives me MAJOR anxiety. I'm so ready for this winter to be over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in NJ as well and work in Philly. I'm a teacher and left even before our early dismissal. My 40 minute commute was 3 1/2 hours.

    ReplyDelete