Thursday, February 6, 2014

Lemon Chicken Pizza


So it's cold. And snowy.  I've barely worked at all this week. And it's not looking like it's going to get better anytime soon. Oy. This winter has been really brutal between the freezing cold temperatures and the intense snowfall. With all this snow I've been cooking a lot more because we can't go out as often, which I guess is a positive thing! The other night I was getting ready to make pizza and I decided I wanted something brighter and more fresh tasting. I'm getting sick of the heavy winter food and needed something lemony in my life. This pizza came together easily and the end result was delicious! John kept raving about it which is always lovely.

On another note, I've had a few readers tell me their stores don't carry the Philadelphia Cooking Cream. My local stores all sell it, but if you find you can't locate it just use a flavored cream cheese. You may need less and need to melt it down a bit because the Cooking Creams are runnier, but it'll work. Try this soon!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1 batch pizza dough
1 tsp olive oil
6 ounces chicken
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 lemon, cut in half
1/3 cup Philadelphia Garlic Cooking Cream
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Green onion

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 450 with a pizza stone in the oven.
2- In a skillet heat the oil, add the chicken, season with the garlic salt. Cook until cooked through. Remove the chicken, dice small, and return to the pan. Add the juice of half the lemon and the zest from the lemon, stirring well.
3- Assemble the crust. In a small bowl combine the Philadelphia Cooking Cream and a squeeze of lemon juice from the remaining half of the lemon. (Do this to taste- I didn't use all the lemon juice, but you can if you want!)
4- Spread the sauce mixture over the crust. Top with the chicken, cheese, and green onion.
5- Transfer to the pizza stone. Bake 12-15 minutes, until golden. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment