Tuesday, May 29, 2012

BBQ Chicken Enchiladas


I know I've mentioned multiple times that Mexican food is not a favorite of mine. We never had it growing up and therefore I guess I just never acquired a taste for it. With that said I've recently started going out for Mexican more frequently and I'm hooked. I crave chicken fajitas daily. I dream of chips and salsa... and Mexican rice, gosh do I love Mexican rice! So after mentioning that, I have to admit I've been adding far more Mexican fare to my menu. These enchiladas are in no way traditional, but they mix some of my favorite ingredients together and result in absolute deliciousness. John and I were both huge fans of this- I can't wait to make it again! Plus it's a great way to use up leftover roasted or grilled chicken which is always helpful. Try this, I promise you you'll be happy.

Source: Heavily adapted from I Was Born To Cook

Ingredients:
1 cup red enchilada sauce, divided
2 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese, divided
6 flour tortillas
1/4 cup diced scallions

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 350.
2- Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce over the bottom of a baking dish.
3- In a mixing bowl combine the chicken, BBQ sauce, and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Stir well.
4- Spread the mixture evenly between the tortillas, rolling and placing seam side down into the baking dish.
5- Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheddar cheese.
6- Bake 20 minutes. Top with diced scallions.

No comments:

Post a Comment