Friday, January 20, 2012

Apple-Maple Glazed Chicken

What is up with me and cooking with apple juice/cider lately?! You'd think it was fall or something- I'm clearly all seasonally confused. First I made apple cider waffles, then I made a pasta dish with apple juice. Well, now I bring you chicken with apple juice. Clearly I'm on a kick. We'll see what comes next.

Chicken is our main source of protein in this house (as I'm sure you can tell). However 95% of the time when I make chicken it's boneless/skinless chicken. I've been trying to expand a bit and bought a pack of breasts on the bone. Chicken on the bone is much more moist and really it's not harder to make, I'm not sure why I don't more frequently! As expected this chicken was delicious. The marinade was unreal- it was kind of sticky, sweet but well seasoned, and just full of flavor. John and I both agreed that this would be even better with chicken tenders so it completely coats each bite. Yum. Try this- I'm sure you have all of the ingredients on hand!

Source: Adapted from What's Cooking Chicago?

Ingredients:
2 bone in chicken breasts
Salt
Pepper
1/4 cup apple juice/apple cider
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried rosemary

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 350.
2- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
3- Pour the apple juice, maple syrup, garlic, thyme, and rosemary into a small saucepan. Heat for about 5 minutes, until the mixture reduces a bit.
4- Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts and bake 45 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through), basting the chicken with the mixture frequently.

2 comments:

  1. I have ALL of these ingredients on hand... I will definitely put this on my list for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting on "food kicks" mine is blood oranges right now, and seasonal what?? I just made a fresh berry tart and it is January. I say keep it up.

    ReplyDelete