Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bruschetta Chicken


Are you ever just NOT in the mood to cook anything? I get in these moods every so often where nothing sounds appealing and I just don't feel like cooking anything. When this happened last week I knew I had to make something that'd take no time at all but would still be satisfying. I had a tomato to use up and decided I'd make some form of chicken with it. As I sat there, going through my pantry for inspiration, I decided to make bruschetta chicken. I love bruschetta, I love crispy chicken, why not combine the two?

This meal is quick and fresh. It goes from kitchen to table in about 15 minutes- you can't beat that! I loved the contrast of the cold, firm tomatoes with the crisp breaded chicken. Definitely a tasty, quick meal.

Source: Stephanie Cooks original

Ingredients:

Chicken:

2 chicken breasts
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup panko
1 egg
Olive oil

Bruschetta:
1 tomato
1 clove garlic, cut in half
1 teaspoon diced red onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
salt
pepper

Directions:
1- Dice the tomato into small bites, removing the seeds and pulp. Toss the olive oil and vinegar together, add the tomato, red onion, and garlic clove. Season with salt and pepper. Set in the fridge for at least an hour.
2- In a small, shallow dish, combine the panko and bread crumbs.
3- In a bowl beat the egg.
4- Cover the bottom of a skillet with olive oil. Turn the heat on medium-high.
5- Dip the chicken in egg, then the bread crumb mixture.
6- Cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove from the heat and set on paper towel to remove excess oil.
7- Top each piece of chicken with 1/2 the bruschetta mixture (be sure to throw out the garlic cloves prior to serving!)

2 comments: