Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Favorite Cookie, Ever.


This is a reposted recipe from when I first started my blog. The post got buried and is now deep down in the archives of my blog. It was also back in the day when my photography was horrible, so I don't think these cookies have gotten the recognition they deserve.

These cookies are peanut butter chocolate chip and are the absolute perfect cookie. They are soft and tender with a flaky, crumbly texture. When you take a bite it literally melts in your mouth- not kidding. They are sweet and rich and just the best cookies in the world. Anytime I make them people rave and rave about them. They are by far, without hesitation, my favorite cookie. And John's favorite cookie. And just go make them now, please, I beg of you.

Original Post, from February 3, 2009, with my original picture here

Source: Southern Food About.com

Reposted recipe:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375°.
Cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light. Add the egg and mix until fluffy.

Blend the flour, baking powder, soda and salt together well. Add these dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Add the chocolate chips.

Drop cookie dough by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375°.

9 comments:

  1. This would definitely be my favorite cookies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these look incredible! I will make sure that I have the ingredients for this weekend just in case I have time to make them!

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. well you certainly make a great case for them, they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, they look so good. I think I just found my plans for late Friday night...baking cookies? Yes! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe you, and I'll be adding these to my recipe book.

    I'd like to make mine with semisweet chocolate chunks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing these makes me want to make them today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are in the oven now and if they taste as good as they smell, these are a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making these now for a party tonight- they smell delish, can't wait to try!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my favorite (hence the title lol) so I'm jealous! I never make them now bc of Landon's allergies- ugh!

      Delete