Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Creamy Cavatelli, Chicken, and Broccoli



I posted this recipe for creamy noodles quite recently. Since I made these I couldn't get them out of my mind! I was dying to try them again. A few nights ago I knew I had to make something with chicken to use up the remaining chicken from my roasted chicken and I also knew I needed to incorporate broccoli. Sometimes when I see a good deal on broccoli I go a little nuts and buy a few too many bunches... could be worse, right?! So enter this meal! It was a mix and match of what I had on hand and was inspired by those delicious creamy noodles.

Overall this was good. I liked it, John REALLY liked it. I felt it needed a little more flavor. Next time I will definitely add some roasted garlic and tomatoes- that should make this dish perfect. Oh, and by the way, this brand of cavatelli has awesome nutritional stats.


See? I don't know how it compares to other brands but I found it right in my grocer's freezer (I sound like a commercial...) and it helped keep the points way down on this recipe.

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1 bag of frozen cavatelli (pronounced ga-va-deal)
1 bunch of broccoli, chopped into florets, cooked slightly firm
1 cup of cooked, chopped chicken
2.5 cups chicken broth
3 tbsp. flour
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
Parmesan cheese (optional)

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 400.
2- Cook the pasta until slightly short of al dente.
3- In a small bake dish, toss the cooked chicken, broccoli, and pasta.
4- In a bowl mix the flour and chicken broth, ensuring all of the flour is distributed. Add the garlic,onion powder, and Italian seasonings.
5- Pour the broth over the pasta mixture. It will be a lot of liquid, completely covering the mix.
6- Bake 35-40 minutes, uncovered, stirring halfway through the cook time. Most of the liquid should be absorbed/thickened.
7- Serve with parmesan cheese, if desired.

** 4 points for 1/4 of the recipe

2 comments:

  1. This looks so great my stomach started growling!! I love pasta so much, and it looks like you found a healthy way tp eat it!! Great blog! I just started a blog as well, hope you can stop by!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This.looks.amazing.

    I just found your blogs via The Nest. This dish looks awesome, I will definitely be trying it. I love that you have so many WW recipes, as I'm a fellow WW'er too! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete