Friday, March 5, 2010

Reese's Brownie Bites


I don't understand people who don't like the peanut butter/chocolate combo. I won't go so far as to say I don't trust these people... but yea, it's pretty close to that. I mean come on, is there a tastier combo? I don't think so! John's office has a bake sale for heart health (yea, digest the irony on that one for a minute...) and I always contribute. I am probably a bad food blogger for admitting this but I just DIDN'T feel like baking anything. Enter the easiest dessert ever!

These are semi-homemade, I am making Sandra Lee proud with these things. It's just boxed brownie mix and mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. That's it. However I promise you that the taste is so good you won't be judged on the simplicity of this recipe. Give them a shot if you need a quick and fun dessert.

Source: No idea, I've seen them around but I didn't follow a recipe

Ingredients:
1 Family Sized box of brownie mix (and the ingredients on the box)
1 bag of mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to the temperature on the box.
2- Create brownies according to boxed directions.
3- Spray two mini muffin tins with baking spray. Fill each hole until 3/4 full.
4- Bake for 10 minutes, or until they are basically done. You don't want them completely done of you can't stick the PB cup in.
5- Pull out and quickly press a PB cup in each brownie tin. Place back in the oven for about 1 minute.
6- Allow them to cool in the pan for about 15-20 minutes, then remove to a wire rack.

8 comments:

  1. Do I dare ask how many points they are? I am afraid I wouldn't stop with one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy- I didn't calculate the points because they were going with my husband to work. The one I did eat I counted as 3. It was only about a tablespoon or so of brownie mix and then a pb cup, so I think 3-4 would be close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my only dollar went to this :). I liked this combo better than the reeses with a pb cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no shame in semi-homemade! Besides, they look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can use no pudge brownie mix or the low fat brownie mix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made these for my husband's birthday a few years ago when our dinner out ran late! So yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for posting this recipe! I made these for a party last week, and everyone loved them! I even had a friend request to borrow my pans that night so she could make them for her family :)

    ReplyDelete