Saturday, February 20, 2010

Creamy Noodles



This dish is inspired by one of my students. I have a future foodie in my class and she LOVES food, and I'm not talking kid food. She eats well and has a lot of knowledge about food-particularly for a six year old! She even dressed up as a hot dog for Halloween- she cracks me up. The other day we were discussing food and she told me how her mom makes these creamy noodles. She went on and on in detail about these noodles and I was seriously drooling by the time she finished describing them to me. Of course she didn't know what was in them or how her mom made them but I was desperate to have something similar so I just threw this together and boy was it gooooood. It's a lot of points for a side dish but it is worth EVERY SINGLE POINT. This is one of those dishes where I can assure you that my future children will be eating them and telling their teacher about them because I will be making this over and over and over again. It's creamy but not heavy, delicious. Make these soon- you'll be glad you did.

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
2 cups egg noodles, uncooked
1 cup baby spinach, but into thin ribbons
1 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. light cream
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. Onion powder
Pepper to taste

Directions:
1- Preheat the over to 400.
2- Cook the egg noodles and pour them into a small baking dish. Toss in the spinach, stir.
3- In a small bowl combine the chicken broth, flour, light cream, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Stir well, until the flour is no longer clumpy.
4- Pour it over the noodles and spinach, stirring well.
5- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, uncovered, stirring halfway through. The broth should thicken up and coat the noodles. Stir well and serve.

** 5 points for half the recipe

1 comment:

  1. Made this tonight and it was delicious. I had everything in the pantry/fridge already, and it was so much better tasting than the packaged mixes from the store (Like the Lipton brand). Thanks for a wonderful recipe! Everyone loved it.

    ReplyDelete