Monday, December 29, 2008

Garlic Chicken Pizza


I think John and I are the most boring people when it comes to pizza. 9 out of 10 times we get plain pizza. However we both love the garlic chicken pizza from California Pizza Kitchen. When I saw Annie's recipe for chicken garlic pizza I though it was time to branch out and make a different type of pizza. This was a WINNER. I loved it and John ate it up! I wasn't sure how John would feel since it has ricotta and sliced tomatoes- two things that he is so/so about but he loved it.

I followed the recipe almost exactly as it was which is rare. The only real change I made was to switch the quantities of the two cheeses to use less ricotta for John and more parmesan. I will definitely be making this again.

Also, the garlic spiced butter that you spread over the pizza crust would be great for making garlic bread. It was excellent.

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast
salt and pepper
2 tsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. green onion, chopped (I used a few shakes of onion powder)
½ tsp. dried basil
2 roma tomatoes, sliced
¼ c. chopped fresh cilantro (omitted)
½ c. ricotta cheese
¼ c. Parmesan cheese
pizza crust (I used Pillsbury thin crust- our new fave. If you use this kind pre-bake it for about 10 minutes until golden on top, then flip it over so the bottom is nice and crispy)

Directions:
Season chicken breast on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a skillet and cook chicken breast until browned on both sides. Cut into chunks and finish cooking until cooked through.

In a small saucepan, melt butter with garlic, onion and basil. Pour into a chilled dish to cool and refrigerate until set.

Preheat oven to 350°. Spread herb butter over crust. Arrange chicken on top, then dot with ricotta. Top with tomato slices, cilantro, and Parmesan. Bake 15-20 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome! Ricotta has been growing on me...I may have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been using Pilsbury thin dough too- it's so easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great and I haven't heard or seen that Pillsbury dough yet! I'll have to keep my eyes out and give it a try. I did find the cilantro to be a bit interesting in the recipe... I would have omitted it as well!

    ReplyDelete