Sunday, November 16, 2008

Stuffed Chicken in a Tomato Pesto Sauce



Tonight I cooked dinner for my parents at their house. John is away for the week for business and I will not be cooking much at all! I plan on catching up with friends this week so I will not really be making dinner, but in a week I will be back to regular posting! Anyway, on to the food...

On the cooking board that I frequent I have seen a lot of posts for Laughing Cow chicken lately. Laughing Cow is a brand of soft, spreadable cheese. I have used it to make a cream sauce and to eat on crackers. This was my first time cooking it with chicken though and I really enjoyed it. After reviewing the various recipes I decided to make a new spin to this favorite recipe based on my parents tastes. It came out great. My parents loved it which I was glad to hear!

Ingredients:
6 very thin chicken breasts (about 1/4 inch thick)
5 wedges of garlic and herb Laughing Cow cheese
1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 packet of Knorr's pesto sauce mix
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 375*.
2- In a small bowl, place the 5 wedges of cheese. Using a spatula, smush and stir the cheese until it is smooth.
3- Lay the chicken out flat. Spread an even layer of the cheese over each chicken breast.
4- In a small saucepan combine the can of tomato sauce and the packet of Knorr's pesto mix. I did not add oil to the sauce, just the seasoning and it turned out great. Stir the mix into the sauce and heat it up a little.
5- While the sauce is heating, roll up each chicken breast. Secure with tooth picks. Pour a spoonful of the sauce mixture over the chicken.
6- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

1 comment:

  1. She's torturing me by making all these good meals while I'm away. I mean look at the pic, that looks great! Wish I could have some.

    ReplyDelete