Saturday, November 15, 2008

Soft & Moist Brownies


This afternoon we are meeting up with John's family to celebrate my sister in law's birthday. I decided to bake brownies to bring along with us. I just recently starting baking from scratch and I love the results. Now I look for any excuse to try a new recipe since I don't like to bake for just John and I. I decided to try to find a recipe online that used only ingredients I have in the house. I came across this recipe for brownies and thought I'd give it a shot.

Well... they taste great but I really couldn't get the cook time down. After 30 minutes they were not even close to being done, so I kept them in longer. I took them out after 40 minutes and the middle was still pure batter. UGH! SO I put them back in.... the edges came out great but the middle never cooked. Any suggestions on what I did wrong? Since I only have the edges to work with I think I don't think I'll take them to my in-laws... but who knows! We will see once they completely cool what I have to work with.

Overall these taste awesome, but I need to figure out the cook time issue! It could just me my oven... I can't wait to move into our new house in a month!! An oven that works well- should be great!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. powdered baking cocoa
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2/3 c. butter
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts (omitted- I substituted 1 cup of chocolate chunks since I had them left over from cookies last week)
Sifted confectioners' sugar

Directions:
Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; set aside.
Cream together butter and sugar in bowl until light and fluffy at medium speed.

Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients, stirring well after each addition. Stir in walnuts.

Spread in greased 13"x9" pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool pan on wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into 2" squares. Makes 24 bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment