Thursday, March 5, 2015

Baked Fettucini Alfredo


I don't know if it's pregnancy brain, mommy brain, tired teacher brain, or a combo of the three, but I thought I shared this recipe with you already. I was going through my archives looking for it and didn't see it and almost fell off my chair. Because this, this recipe right here, is heavenly. Just look at that picture- the creamy sauce clinging to the delicately thick pasta. Ummmm... heaven. I don't know how I forgot it but here goes. I love that this cooks in the oven so I don't need to boil pasta in one pot, make sauce in another, etc. The lazy side of me was excited, as was the foodie side that enjoys a delicious home cooked meal. The process is easy but not quick- you are up and down stirring, but the oven does the work.  John and I loved it, Landon wouldn't try it (which is his usual response to pasta), and I call it a success.

Source: Slightly adapted from The Way to His Heart

Ingredients:

1 lb dry fettuccine, snapped in half
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 cups water
1 Tbsp minced fresh garlic
Zest from 1 lemon
Juice from 1 lemon
1 tsp kosher salt
2 cups half and half
2 cups grated pecorino romano, plus an additional 1/3 cup, seperated
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp dried parsley

Directions:
1- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
2- Combine the pasta and then next 6 ingredients up to salt in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Cover with tin foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover dish and stir the pasta with a fork, cover and bake for another 20 minutes.
3- While the pasta is cooking, in a small bowl stir together the 1/3 cup cheese, bread crumbs, and parsley. Set aside.
4- Stir in the half and half, 2 cups cheese, and pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
5- Remove the foil, stir the casserole and sprinkle the cheese mixture you made for the topping over the top of the casserole. Bake, uncovered for 10 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment