Monday, February 23, 2015

Chicken Alfredo French Bread Pizzas


Growing up we had two kitchens in my house- one upstairs and one downstairs. From a very early age I took eating very seriously and had certain foods I just did not want to share. When one of those came into the house I would hide it in the downstairs freezer with hopes that nobody would notice. Stouffer's used to make these 4 cheese white french bread pizzas that I LOVED (and religiously hid downstairs). I tried looking for them recently and couldn't find them anywhere. I decided to make my own and, well, like anything, homemade trumps. These pizzas were totally delicious. John and I were huge fans. The creamy sauce went so well with the tomato and basil. The crisp bread was perfect. I love pizza in all forms but french bread will always be tops for me!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1 loaf of french bread, cut in half lengthwise
Alfredo sauce (homemade or jarred)
1 cooked chicken breast, diced
1 large tomato, chopped
1 cup mozzarella cheese
5 basil leaves, torn or roughly chopped

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven, preferably with a pizza stone, to 425.
2- Cover the bread with a layer of alfredo sauce. Top with diced tomatoes and chicken.
3- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top.
4- Bake on the pizza stone until the cheese is melted, about 10-12 minutes.
5- Remove and top with basil. Using a sharp knife cut the pizza into individual servings and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment