Thursday, January 17, 2013

Biscoff Doughnuts


Back in my childless days I baked regularly. Now I tend to have limited kitchen time and only bake when I need a dessert for an occasion or party. One of the things I miss the most from my pre-Landon days is when I used to browse food blogs, find a dessert recipe I just NEEDED, and immediately go make it. Those days don't happen often anymore, but on New Years Eve I was struck with that desire to just go bake something delicious. You see, we had fun plans for NYE- we actually had two parties to attend, both with multiple babies around Landon's age. But that morning the little man woke up with a fever so we had to cancel all of our plans and stay home. I decided if we were going to sit home we were going to do it in style- sweat pants and doughnuts. That's my kind of style!

I've had an unopened jar of Biscoff in my house for months so I decided to try to find a recipe using it. Low and behold- someone else had made Biscoff doughnuts in the past. I followed the original recipe with a few tweaks and it resulted in a deliciously rich doughnut. Try these- they are just so good!

Source: Adapted from Mommy's Kitchen

Ingredients:

1  cup all purpose flour
1/2  cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
7 tablespoons milk
5 tablespoons creamy Biscoff spread
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon melted butter

Optional:
Frosting or glaze/M&Ms/Sprinkles

Directions: 
1- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add milk, egg, biscoff spread, vanilla and melted butter. Whisk to combine.
2- Transfer dough to a ziplock bag. Snip off a corner of the bag and pipe dough evenly into a 6-cup doughnut pan.
3-Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until dough is set (it won’t be golden brown, but should be springy.) Remove from the pan and cool completely.
4- Top with your favorite frosting or glaze, then decorate with M&Ms or sprinkles. 

2 comments:

  1. I was just looking for a recipe that I could use my Biscoff in....I think these just might work! They look delish!

    Alyssa
    www.runwaychef.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are on my cooling rack now.. I can't wait to dig in!

    ReplyDelete