Friday, October 26, 2012

Marsala Ravioli



Is anyone else in love with Costco? It's my happy place. It's also the only store that John goes to happily! We're like a giddy little family in there... I love looking at all the stuff, John loves eating all the samples, and Landon is pretty sure he's the mayor of every store we enter so he waves, keeps a close eye on everyone so there's no riff-raff, and basically spends the whole trip sharing in our family joy of bulk shopping. The only downfall to Costco is we are a family of 3... and one of us only weighs 17 pounds (it's me... how'd you know?!), so we don't really go through food from there too quickly. I bought a 5 pound bag of ravioli from there some time ago and have been slowlyyyy working my way through the bag. I had had enough of my usual combo (tomato sauce and spinach) and was excited to try something new. Someone I know suggested making a marsala sauce for them and I was sold. This meal was excellent. John and I both were in love with them. The sauce was so delicious- I can't wait to try this again!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp crushed garlic (or 2 cloves)
1.5 cups mushrooms
3/4 cup marsala wine
1 cup chicken broth
1 packed Swanson chicken flavor boost (optional, but recommended) 
1/2 cup Philly Roasted Garlic Cooking Creme
1 pound cheese ravioli, cooked
Parmesan cheese
Dried parsley

Directions:
1- Saute the butter and garlic over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and stir, allowing to cook in the butter until soft.
2- Stir in the marsala wine and allow to cook for about 3 minutes, adding in the broth and flavor boost packet. Heat about 5 minutes.
3- Stir in the garlic cooking creme and heat about 4-5 minutes. Pour over cooked ravioli. Top with parmesan and parsley. Serve hot.

1 comment: