Friday, September 28, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Caesar Sandwiches


I returned to the working world from my maternity leave almost a month ago and I am just getting around to sharing the recipe I made on my first day of school- these delicious chicken sandwiches. My crockpot has become a favorite tool of mine now that my time is so constricted. I love coming home from work and being able to take Landon out for a wagon ride, or play blocks with him in his room, and not have to worry about cooking! These sandwiches were so delicious that I know we'll have them over and over again. I even used the leftovers in a panini for John with provolone cheese and he said the chicken was just as good that way. Very versatile- I could see mixing it into a pasta salad, or even topping a green salad with it. We're fans!

Source: Slightly adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything

Ingredients:
1 pound chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup Caesar dressing (I used the Boathouse Creamy Yogurt Caesar- lighter and just as flavorful!)
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Romaine lettuce
Rolls

Directions:
1- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place in the crockpot along with 1/3 cup water or chicken broth. Cook on low for 6 hours.
2- Drain the water/broth. Shred the chicken. Stir in the dressing and cheese.
3- Cook an additional 30 minutes on low.
4- Serve on a roll, topped with romaine lettuce.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a quick and convenient dinner! Best of luck balancing work with your new little one!

    ReplyDelete