Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Oreo Pound Cake


Confession: I am the laziest baker in the world lately. It's unreal. I used to get a thrill out of spending hours baking... the thrill is gone. I'd just rather play with Landon for hours.... Ok, wait. I'm somewhat lying to you. The truth? Yes- I'd rather play with Landon- BUT he also doesn't really allow me to spend hours in the kitchen anymore. He is the best, but he is definitely the type of kid who needs attention. Since it's just him and I Monday-Friday baking has taken the backseat. When I need to bake I look for shortcuts. Enter this cake. Total cheater recipe right here. The picture on Kraft's website was so enticing I figured I needed to give it a go. I mean Oreos are good, pound cake is great, so Oreo pound cake should be excellent. Well, it was. I loved how it looked- that was definitely my favorite part. It was so easy to make, which also makes it a beauty in my book.


I brought this to my parents' house and we just served it as-is. If it were up to me I'd top it with ice cream, some hot fudge, and maybe some crushed Oreos... I'm just sayin'... ::wink wink:: Also the original recipe calls for a glaze and way too many Oreos, but feel free to check it out if you're in the mood for something really decadent.


Source: Adapted from Kraft

Ingredients:
15 Oreos
1 16 oz package pound cake mix

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 350.
2- Line a loaf pan with foil. Spray well with baking spray.
3- Prepare the pound cake mix according to packaging directions.
4- Take 10 Oreos and chop them up into pieces. Mix the Oreos into the batter. Pour into the loaf pan.
5- Take the 5 remaining Oreos and quarter them. Place the pieces on top of the batter.
6- Bake for 1 hour. Cover loosely with foil for the last 30 minutes.
7- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack and cool completely.

1 comment: