Sunday, March 27, 2011

Snickerdoodle Blondies


Sometimes I stumble across a recipe while I'm "researching" and I immediately go "OOOOH YES!" and run into the kitchen. If you think I'm exaggerating, ask John. He's seen this insanity more than once. And honestly, this little routine typically excites John because he knows something good is coming. I can assure you I've never run into the kitchen to make broccoli... it pretty much always involves sugar.

Blondies are good stuff. They are often equated as the non-chocolate brownie, but I don't know... to me they are more so just a dense cookie bar. Either way, whether you want to equate it to cookies or brownies, you can't go wrong. Combine that with a cinnamon sugar topping and you are in for a treat! These blondies were so stinkin' good. They were soft inside with a nice flaky cinnamon sugar top. I can tell you this is a recipe I will make again and again because they are so easy and so delicious. A must try!

Source: Slightly adapted from Bakergirl, originally from Brown Eyed Baker

Ingredients:
2 2/3 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla extract

2 1/2 tbsp. granulated sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:
1- Preheat over to 350. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
2- In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together.
3- Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a stand mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add the vanilla, beat in.
4- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating it together on low. Transfer the dough to the pan and push into an even layer.
5- In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the dough.
6- Bake 20-25 minutes. Let blondies cool completely in the pan before cutting.

8 comments:

  1. I love blondies! Never have them often though. These look great, I love the cinnamon topping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore snickderdoodle anything! In fact, I'm making snickerdoodle muffins later this week. My local coffee shop has snickerdoodle coffee this month and I can't get enough.

    Let's make this long comment shorter, I'll be making this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made these and they are in the oven so hopefully they turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made these--we loved them!

    I also made your perfect party cookies in blondie form and they were TO DIE FOR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made these tonight and they are a HUGE hit with my boyfriend. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! These were go good, I cant wait to make them again. They were like one big gooey soft cookie. What a great recipe.
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you thank you thank you! I've already made two batches this week, one for home and one for work. Everybody loves them! I'm sure they will have to be made for every family get together from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made these this week and they were insanely delicious. My boyfriend loved them, and let's just say they didn't last in my house longer than 48 hours. :)

    ReplyDelete