Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chocolate Chip Blondies


I haven't been baking much lately and I really miss it! I used to bake weekly and send the goodies to work with John but I have been really slacking. However, when I do have an excuse to bake I get so excited. I made these blondies for one of my students' birthdays. He came to school and told me that his birthday was horrible and he didn't get to do anything fun so I decided that needed to be turned around. I made some blondies and we celebrated in school. My kids this year think I am the best "chef" (their term haha!) and always moan and groan when they eat my goodies. They rub their bellies and do the whole 9 yards. It cracks me up- first graders always make you feel good about yourself.

These blondies are addictive! I had a small one and kept sneaking back into the kitchen and slicing pieces off and eating it. So so good. I made the recipe exactly as stated only I subbed white chocolate and mini semi-sweet chocolate for the regular chips. I didn't have any so I used what I had, but you could use any kinds of chocolate chips. I personally would love them with peanut butter and milk chocolate chips... yummmmmm!

Source: Toll House

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips (I used 6 oz white chocolate and 2-3 oz mini chocolate chips)
Directions

PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan.
COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Beat sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Spread into prepared pan.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment