Saturday, April 29, 2017

Grilled Potato Packets



The weather in NJ has finally gotten to the point where I can say, "Ohhhh it's grilling season!" Growing up it was always grilling season... my dad would be out grilling steak in the snow. I have to say I am definitely not that committed to the craft. Since I really only use my grill during the spring and summer I really look forward to it!

I had bought a few potatoes with intentions of making baked potatoes but at the last minute decided to throw them on the grill along with the steak I was making. These were to die for. I haven't had the best of luck with Pioneer Woman recipes but these were amazing. I mean... butter and cream really can't be bad. The sauce on these was incredible. I have a feeling these will be made again (and again) this spring and summer!

...you see that creamy sauce coating these? Mmmmm!

Source: Adapted from Pioneer Woman

Ingredients:
2 Russet potatoes, diced
3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp light cream
Salt
Garlic powder
Dried parsley
Crushed black pepper

Directions:
1- Lay out two foil sheets.
2- Evenly place the foil in the center of each sheet of foil.
3- Top each pile of potatoes with 1.5 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp of cream.
4- Season well with salt, garlic powder, parsley, and black pepper.
5- Roll up the foil to form a packet.
6- Cook on the hottest part of the grill for about 30 minutes.
7- Carefully open the foil. Stir well to get the sauce from the bottom to coat all of the potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment