Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Creamy Italian Chicken Rolls


Let's start off with saying these should totally be called "ranch chicken rolls" but I got to the grocery store, saw I had written ranch on my list but had no idea why I wrote it, and bought creamy Italian instead. I got home and saw I planned to make these (originally with ranch) and was bummed! But, we improvised people, we did. And by "we" I mean *I* improvised, while Landon told me it looked "gross" and Emmie begged for yogurt, bananas, and anything BUT what I was making. 

John loves "stuff wrapped in flaky pastry" (I think that's the scientific term for these things...) so I knew he'd love these. Tuesdays are easily my busiest day and since I'm just getting back into the groove of cooking these were a perfect meal option. I'm not gonna lie, these were super messy in the assembly process, but the end result was delicious. The dough wasn't really holding in the filling but I just pinched it together as best I could and they baked up beautifully. Best of all, this is the essential "semi-homemade" meal that I am able to make during the crazy weeknight routine. 

Source: Adapted from Pillsbury

Ingredients:
1 roll of crescent rolls
Creamy Italian salad dressing (can sub ranch)
1.5 cups cooked chopped chicken (I used rotisserie)
1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
2 tbsp chopped green onions

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 375.
2- Roll out your crescent dough. Press the seams together to make one large sheet of dough.
3- Top with the dough with a thin, even layer of creamy Italian salad dressing.
4- In a bowl mix the chicken, cheese, and green onion. Add a tbsp of dressing and stir the mixture well.
5- Top the dough with the chicken mixture. Roll up long side in. Slice. Transfer the rolls to a cookie sheet topped with a silpat.
6- Bake about 20 minutes, until rolls are golden and cheese is melted. Serve with additional dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment