Sunday, November 16, 2014

Ranch Chicken Enchiladas


It wasn't too long ago when I had realized I had never had a "real enchilada"- meaning one from a Mexican restaurant. Sure, I've been making them at home for a few years, but I had never gotten them out. We went out a couple weeks ago and I ordered enchiladas and I can honestly say... I prefer my own. There. I said it. I just love the fun varieties and versions that you can make at home! There are many foods that I find are just as good if not better out, but not enchiladas.

This version in particular was deliciously easy. Mix some of this with some of that and TA-DA... you have a delicious and easy meal. I can't wait to have these again.

Source: Heavily adapted from The Recipe Critic

Yields 6 enchiladas

Ingredients:
Tortillas (I like the half corn/half flour ones)
2 cups cooked, diced, chicken (rotisserie works great)
3/4 cup salsa
1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
Green onions

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 350.
2- In a bowl mix the salsa and ranch. Spread a little bit onto the bottom of a baking dish.
3- Take a tortilla. Spoon about 1 heaping tbsp of the sauce mixture onto the tortilla and spread. Top with chicken and cheese. Roll up and place seam down in the baking dish.
4- Repeat until all enchiladas are full.
5- Pour remaining sauce over top and top with additional shredded cheese.
6- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, until all cheese is melted and edges golden.
7- Top with green onions and lightly drizzle with additional ranch dressing.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there,
    Great foods!! Thank you so much for sharing these, we are truly inspired!!! We would like to add your blog to the Top Food Blog list in www.mytaste.com/ with over 6 million users worldwide... Your blog is impressively BEAUTIFUL and deserves to be included on the Top list!!

    We will feature your blog and create shout outs about your recipes to our fan pages.
    MyTaste is a social platform for foodies and blogs/sites owners like you and it helps to reach more people, get more visibility from the web and share/save foods and recipes. Some of them receive at least 10,000 visits from us on a weekly basis.

    If you’d like to be featured, expand your readership and JOIN TOP FOOD BLOGS, here's the link where you can add your blog to the list>> http://www.mytaste.com/top-food-blogs (Joining won't cost you any cents)
    Kind regards
    -Ricky

    ReplyDelete