Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Farfalle with Roasted Vegetables and Crispy Chicken


I don't know what's up with me lately but cooking has become more of a chore and less of a hobby. It's sad, because I really *love* cooking. However life has gotten crazy. There's the usual stuff (my job, my son) then the "extra" stuff (social things, my new County Teacher of the Year role, etc.) I feel like I'm a hamster on a wheel at all times. So some thing has to give... and often it's dinner. I cook nightly, but sometimes it's nothing to blog about (hello buttered noodles and frozen veggies!) This meal was a last ditch effort to eat a real meal, but keep it simple. And honestly, it was a total success. I wasn't sure about the breaded chicken in it, thinking the breading might get soggy, but it was totally delicious.

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 zucchini, diced into half moons
1 tsp olive oil
Garlic salt/pepper
5 frozen chicken tenders (or equivalent of homemade)
1/2 pound bow tie pasta
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup light cream
1/3 cup basil leaves, torn

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 425. In an oven safe dish combine the tomatoes, zucchini, oil, garlic salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 minutes.
2- Cook the frozen chicken tenders according to packaging directions.
3- Meanwhile, cook the pasta.
4- Remove the tomatoes/zucchini mixture and break the tomatoes up using a potato masher (be careful- the tomato juices are hot).
5- Transfer the mixture, and all juices, to a saucepan. Add the balsamic and cream. Heat over low heat.
6- Add the pasta and chicken, stirring gently until everything is covered in sauce. Top with basil. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment