Friday, May 16, 2014

Melted Caramel & Walnut Cookies


It was the day before Mother's Day and I was at the grocery store. I knew I needed to bring a dessert to my sister's the next day but really wasn't in the mood to do much hard work. At the last minute I decided to just forget it, go to the bakery and get a cake, taking the easy route out. However when I was on line to pay I saw a pack of Rolo candies and was inspired. I grabbed 5 rolls and figured I'd come up with something when I got home. I really had no plan and was just kind of digging through my pantry to make anything with what I had!

If you tasted these cookies you'd never know they were an afterthought. Honestly, they were delicious. TOO delicious. I had to leave the extra cookies with my sister because I knew I could not be trusted with these beauties. These take very little effort but the payout is immense. I highly suggest you try them!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
5 packs Rolo candies, unwrapped
1/2 cup chocolate chips (for drizzle)

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 350.
2- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, baking powder, oil, eggs, and oil. Mix until well incorporated.
3- Stir in the walnuts.
4- Spoon with 1/2 tbsp measuring spoon. Place a Rolo in the center of each cookie.
5- Bake for 10 minutes. Once removed from the oven immediately use the back of a teaspoon to pat down the Rolo candy until flat. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
6- Once completely cool, melt the chocolate chips. Transfer to a squirt bottle or piping bag. Drizzle over the cookies. Allow to harden.

No comments:

Post a Comment