Monday, March 10, 2014

Hibachi Shrimp


If I go out for hibachi once a year, it's a lot. I do enjoy it but it's just rarely on my radar. I should go more now because I know Landon would love the whole experience... maybe I'll add that to my to-do list! When I do go I always order hibachi chicken and shrimp. My absolute favorite part of the meal is the shrimp. I love how they are somewhat crisp on the outside from cooking over a high heat and caramelizing in the soy sauce. Yum.

When I was deciding what I wanted for dinner recently I knew I really needed to use up some shrimp I had in the freezer but wasn't in the mood for any of my usual meals. I decided to try my hand at hibachi  style shrimp and all I can say is yum... totally and completely delicious. This is the easiest meal, coming together in five minutes flat, but the flavor is remarkable. John and I were both huge fans of this! My only regret was making so little shrimp, I could have eaten a ton more!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
2 tsp butter, softened
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1-2 tbsp soy sauce

Directions:
1- Combine the butter, garlic salt, and onion powder. Mash it well until the seasonings are well incorporated.
2- Add the butter to a skillet. Turn the heat up to high.
3- Add the shrimp. Allow to turn pink, flipping, and allowing to cook another minute.
4- Add the soy sauce, stir. Allow to cook and crisp around the shrimp, stirring again at a minute. You do not want the sauce to be drippy, it's best if it's all absorbed/coating the shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment