Thursday, March 6, 2014

Garlic Artichoke Chicken and Pasta


I'm not sure about anyone else but I am obsessed with Trader Joe's. I wish there was one closer to me, I'd go there weekly. On my last trip there I grabbed a jar of their garlic simmering sauce and couldn't wait to use it. If you haven't seen it, this is what it looks like:


Inside are actual cloves of garlic and all other types of delicious stuff. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it so it sat, and sat, and sat in my pantry. Eventually I decided to use it in the crockpot and boy was that a good decision. This meal was amazing! The sauce was the star, but the added lemon and hint of cream really took it to a new level.


Everything about this dinner was delicious, but if I'm being honest the pasta was the real winner. I'd suggest using spaghetti or angel hair because the sauce is perfect for coating long, thin noodles. Just typing this post is making me realize how much I need to go to Trader Joe's again soon! I think next time I make this I may throw in some tomatoes and spinach at the end too... it would be amazing.

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1 pound boneless chicken (thighs, tenders, breasts, whatever you prefer)
1 14 oz can artichoke hearts
1/2 jar Trader Joe's Many Cloves Garlic Sauce
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup light cream
1/2 pound pasta (spaghetti or angel hair)

Directions:
1- Combine the chicken, artichoke hearts and garlic sauce in the crockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours.
2- Add the juice of 1 lemon and cream to the crockpot. Stir. Return to low and allow to cook 30 more minutes.
3- Once finished, remove the chicken. Toss the pasta with the sauce until well coated. Top each serving with chicken.
4- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and enjoy.

7 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with Trader Joe's. I am going to have to pick up a jar of this the next time I am in there for this quick meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome. & I agree - spinach would be a great addition. & maybe sun dried tomatoes. mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with Trader Joe's. I always buy things I don't need because they just look so much more appealing that the food at my regular grocery store! This looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just used this sauce to simmer some roasted chicken and serve it over rice, with a side of steamed broccoli. I must admit that neither adult in my family really liked it, though we had expected to. I won't buy this sauce again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could it be that you used cooked chicken rather than fresh, raw thighs,tenders,etc? More flavor added with raw as it cooks. I add diced sweet onion (lots) sliced mushrooms sauteed with onions, 1 cup green peas and a side of creamy potatoes of your choice. I precook my potatoes slightly if I am adding them to my oven or toaster oven dish. Rice is good too. I use TJ's Basmati Rice Medley. Delish!

      Delete
  5. drain the artichokes or include the liquid?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is the 30minutes in the end in the crockpot or do you cook it for 30minutes over the stovetop? I never know how long my crockpot is going to cook for unless I check the exact time on the clock when I start! lol

    ReplyDelete