Monday, March 24, 2014

Asian Lemon Glazed Chicken Tenders


I am on a mission to use up ingredients I have on hand, minimizing my grocery shopping, and increasing my storage space. So far I've been working on this for two weeks and it's going so well! I have so much space that I didn't have before and last week I only spent $50 at the food store. Win win. One item I have in my freezer taking up space is a huge bag of chicken tenders. I decided to make this recipe as soon as I saw it on Pinterest. I mean, look at it... why wouldn't that be amazing, no?

These chicken tenders were delicious. Actually, that's an understatement. These chicken tenders were mind-blowingly good. John and I both loved them and I wish I had made extra because I know Landon would have been a huge fan too! These ingredients are all staples in my house so I can easily make these time and time again and I look forward to it. Try these. Soon. You'll be glad you did!

Source: Adapted from Damn Delicious

Ingredients:
1 pound frozen chicken tenders, baked until hot (or homemade)

Sauce:
1/4 cup honey
3 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp pineapple juice
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Diced green onions (optional)

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 400. 
2- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, until slightly thickened.
3- Lay cooked chicken tenders in an oven-safe baking dish. Pour the sauce over top, flipping so both sides are coated. 
4- Bake 5-10 minutes, until the sauce is coating the chicken. Remove from the pan. Top with green onions if desired.

1 comment:

  1. These look and sound amazing!! Can't wait to make them :)

    ReplyDelete