Monday, October 28, 2013

Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken


It doesn't take much to excite me. Ask my husband or my mom. I get really excited about the littlest of things and truly want for nothing. So sometimes a recipe that is so simple will appear on my radar and I get so very excited to try it. As soon as I saw this garlic brown sugar chicken I was smitten with the idea. The picture in the original post looked so delectable, like a perfect sticky glaze coating browned chicken, and I needed it in my life. I switched it up a bit and decided not to make skewers of chicken (because I'm lazy) and just sauteed it in a pan. The end result was perfect- sweet, but not too sweet, savory, but not too savory. Tons of flavor and so easy to make. Even the most novice of home chefs could make this and impress their families!


Source: Adapted from Quick and Easy Recipes

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, diced into 1" pieces
Salt, pepper, & garlic powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp brown sugar

Directions:
1- Heat the butter and garlic in a large skillet. Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss well to evenly coat.
2- Add the chicken to the skillet over medium high and begin to brown. Flip, and brown the other side.
3- Once cooked through, sprinkle the brown sugar over top and allow it to melt in. Stir.
4- Cook for 1 minute, allowing the sugar to form a sauce over the chicken.

2 comments:

  1. Yum!!! What did you serve with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A salad and parmesan orzo, which didn't really go, but I wanted both LOL!

      Delete