Friday, August 16, 2013

Spicy Chicken & Pepper Jack Pizza


As a teacher we often talk about kid's learning styles and teaching in a way that reaches as many kids' styles as possible. I remember in college taking these quizzes that would tell you your learning style and I always came up a visual learner. It's so true- you can explain directions to me 10 times, but if you show me once, I get it. The same goes with food. You can describe a dish to me, but if you show it to me- I can tell you if I'd like it. After seeing the pictures of this recipe in the original post linked below I was sold. I knew it was right for me! I made this for dinner quickly on a night we didn't have much time and we both loved it. It actually reminded me a ton of my Mexican chicken pizza. While eating it I knew I had had something similar, and when I checked the ingredients for the Mexican version I realized this was almost exactly the same. That's ok though- the addition of the pepper jack gave this a solid kick and really turned up the flavor! Perfect weeknight meal.

Source: Adapted from My Baking Addiction

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp.  olive oil
1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
1 large bell pepper, sliced (I used 1/2 a green and 1/2 a red)
3/4 cup cooked and chopped chicken
1 batch pizza dough
1/2 cup salsa
1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 with a pizza stone in the oven. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add bell peppers; sauté 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add chicken until heated.
2. Roll out your pizza dough. Stir salsa into chicken mixture. Spread evenly over pizza dough. Top with cheese.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown.

3 comments:

  1. I can tell by looking it at that I'd like it too. Looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trying new types of pizzas. This looks great, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good, thanks for posting this recipe.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete