Monday, August 5, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad


Buffalo sauce is John's favorite flavor. He would seriously try anything if it was coated in wing sauce. When I saw this recipe for pasta salad on Pinterest I knew I had to try it for him. It combined some of his favorite things in life- pasta salad and buffalo sauce, how could it go wrong? Just as I expected, this was a total hit with John. I actually didn't have any. I don't know why, but after I made it I had a total food aversion to it. I'm strange like that, ever since I was a little kid I'd get randomly grossed out by certain things, and sure enough this happened after I made this salad. I'm kind of sad about it because it looked so good and John swore it was amazing, eating it for lunch a couple times after having it for dinner. I'll have to try it again so I can actually taste it!

Source: Adapted from Flying on Jess Fuel

Ingredients:
1/2 pound pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
1 cup chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 green bell pepper, diced (or use celery- I strongly dislike celery so I went with bell peppers)
1/2 cup shredded carrots
3 tbsp diced red onion
1/2 cup ranch dressing (blue cheese works too)
1/4-1/2 buffalo sauce (depending on how hot you want it)

Directions:
1- Combine all ingredients. Toss well. Allow to sit in the fridge all together for at least one hour before serving. 
2- If it looks too dry and like too much sauce absorbed in the fridge, add additional ranch/buffalo sauce to taste and stir well before serving.

3 comments:

  1. Sad you didn't like it, but kinda happy too. That meant there would be more for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your hub liked this!! One of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum I love that it includes cream cheese! That makes everything seem to rich, and decadent! pasta salad.

    ReplyDelete