Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pesto Ranch Potato Salad


Please don't disown me, or stop reading my blog, or call me a horrible person... what I'm about to say might shock you... but I just CAN'T eat traditional potato salad. You know the kind... glopped in mayo.. all white and thick and heavy. If you saw my face right now you'd understand (picture me looking queasy)... I just can't do it. First of all- mayo makes me gag. Yes, I can eat things cooked with mayo, like bang bang shrimp or spinach dip (though I do use far less mayo than the recipe calls for), but I CAN'T add it to a sandwich or eat anything where mayo is the starring ingredient. So when we decided to host a Father's Day barbecue I knew I should serve a potato salad, but I knew I'd have to make my own version. I decided to do a more Italian version and came up with this. I made the mistake of serving it cold, it's definitely better at room temperature, but either way it was tasty! If you're making this definitely serve it slightly warm or room temperature, the flavors aren't as strong when it's cold. This will be great for all of the summer picnics and BBQs coming up!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:

1 pound small red potatoes, diced into small, even parts
1 cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced into thin slices
1/3 cup pesto
1/3 cup ranch
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper

Directions:
1- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the potatoes until fork tender, drain and run under cool water to stop the cooking process.
2- Add the potatoes to a mixing bowl- toss in the tomatoes, stir well.
3- In a small bowl combine the pesto, ranch, Italian seasonings, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well.
4- Pour the sauce over the potatoes, mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment