Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pasta with Peanut Lime Sauce


One of my all time favorite meals is peanut noodles with shredded chicken and veggies. I can't even count how many times I've made this. Due to my undying love for that meal I have never bothered to try any other peanut sauce pasta recipes because...well... I already found "the one" if you will. That was until I came across this recipe. I really was intrigued by the addition of lime in the sauce. I thought it would really brighten it up, and sure enough it did. I also really liked the use of crunchy peanut butter in this. The little peanut bits were a great surprise each time I got one! Does it replace my favorite peanut noodles? No... But I'd venture to say it's just as good!

Source: Slightly adapted from One Lovely Life

Ingredients:
3/4 pound linguine
1 red bell pepper, sliced thin, steamed
2 cups broccoli, cooked and chopped
1/2 cup peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
Juice of 1 lime

Directions:
1- Cook linguine according to packaging directions.
2- Combine the sauce ingredients (peanut butter through lime juice) in a small sauce pot and heat until hot and all ingredients are combined.
3- Once pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pot. Add the sauce, mixing to combine.
4- Top with the vegetables. Serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. Yum, I make something similar but I add a 1/2 cup of salsa to the mix to give it a bit more "umph"

    ReplyDelete