Thursday, February 4, 2010

Peanut Noodles with Shredded Chicken and Veggies


I LOVE THIS MEAL! Do you hear me?! Or better yet, do you read me?! Because this dinner was phenomenal. The first time I had peanut noodles was at our friend James' house. I seriously didn't think I'd like them even though I love peanut butter and pasta. Something about combining the two just grossed me out. And then I tasted it. It was like little fireworks of happiness on my tongue. Since then I have been converted. I have had this recipe bookmarked for quite some time now. I regret not making it sooner! As soon as I tasted it I told John I couldn't wait to make it again which is a big honor in our house. I so rarely repeat recipes so when I do you know it's a winner. I'm already planning when I can make this again- possibly even next week.

Source: Adapted from Eating Well

INGREDIENTS
1.5 cups chicken, chopped
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons chile-garlic sauce, or to taste
8 ounces whole-wheat angel hair
1 12-ounce bag frozen Steam Fresh Asian medley vegetables

PREPARATION
Put a large pot of water on to boil for cooking pasta.

Microwave the frozen vegetables according to packaging directions.

Whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, and chile-garlic sauce in a large bowl.

Cook pasta in the boiling water. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Pour the cup of hot water into the peanut sauce; add the pasta, vegetables and chicken; toss well to coat. Serve warm or chilled.

** 7 points per serving, 1.5 cups per serving

8 comments:

  1. This looks so good! And I love how you add the weight watchers points...as a former, but still following the program, fellow weight watcher, this helps me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I'm definitely going to have to try this one... I think it would make for a great lunch... and for my husband I could put it in a wrap to plump it up! yum-o!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yummy. I'd love to make it... I'll see if I can get my husband to eat those veggies (he can be a veggie-hater at times).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks AWESOME! I will be making it very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks yummy...can't wait to try it. Question--there is ginger in your prep directions but I don't see ginger in the ingredient list. How much ginger did you use? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lena- THANK YOU for catching that. I actually omitted the ginger, I forgot to take it out of the prep directions though. I just fixed it. If you want to use ginger just click on the original recipe, it's linked at the top. It will show how much to use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love foods that have as incredient peanut... I definitely think that peanut sauce is a required taste for cooking this

    ReplyDelete